Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stuck

The other day I got stuck reading Mosiah 14. I read it over and over again for at least half an hour or so. Didn't want to continue my reading with the next chapter, because this one really spoke to me:

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
"He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so he opened not his mouth. (Mosiah 14:3,5,7, or I guess the same is found in Isaiah 53...)

What a strange but wonderful thing it is that somebody else atoned for my falling short!

Maybe my favorite word in the english language is the word to heal. I guess it is because of the joy and peace that speaks from it. To be whole, after having experienced griefs and after being broken. What a great feeling. What great love Christ has for us, and how impressive his conduct and the way he fulfilled his part.

I truly believe I can only be fully whole with somebody by my side, in an eternal marriage covenant. A strange thing to say maybe, because often I wish it were different. Can't this fulness of love be found without such a relationship i wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home