Friday, January 05, 2007

Not such quiet desperation

So I am at this bookstore, trying to buy In Quiet Desperation. I don't see it, so after some hesitation (big bookstore with lots of people) I decide to ask. The guy I ask looks it up in their system and gets all excited when he finds it. He says: Yes! I found it: In Quiet Desperation - Understanding the ...challenge of...same...gender attraction.... Major slowing down while reading this out loud. And then he looks at me and gives me the biggest smile! I actually think he knew about the challenge. And I had to tell him yes, that's what I'm looking for. So funny I actually forgot to be embarrassed.

They could have ordered it, but I was visiting in another city and it wouldn't have gotten there in time. I'll get a copy some day...

There. I've started writing again. Hopefully this will help me write about the things that are really on my mind at the moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Nice to hear from you again. Wondered what happened for a while...

I've been wanting to read that book for some time now too. I just haven't been able to get a copy - not that I couldn't, I just don't know how I could carry it around, or even read it much without someone near me noticing - otherwise I would.

1/05/2007 11:31 PM  
Blogger iovan said...

Thanks! Looking at your december 30th post, it looks like we might have experienced some similar feelings over the holidays. Different reasons maybe. Glad you're around.

1/06/2007 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home